Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Leaving Vancouver! Japan here I come!




It was a great warm, sunny morning on Tuesday, Sept.12th. I had phoned Polly to wish her a happy birthday before leaving the house. Jonah and Susy were staying with Rebecca. They came early from Calgary to catch me before I left for Asia (which was really sweet). Mom and Rebecca took me to the airport and 'lo' and behold! Grace, Trinity and Peter showed up to see me off! What a great departure team! I eventually parted from them after snacking on fries and orange juice that mom supplied and boarded the plane.



Japan Airlines rocks! (They should give me a little something something for advertising for them on this blog!) Anyways, I had a great seat for the whole flight. I had a window seat and no one was sitting beside me. There was my very own TV monitor in front of my face built into the back of the seat in front of me. There was a remote control built into my armrest that could come out and retract into the armrest. They had about 12 movie selections, 12 videos games, several audio channels for music, and video footage of our flight progression. There were actual cameras on the outside of the plane, so passengers could see what was going on outside!!!! The remote was not only a remote. It was a game controller and a phone! Amazing!!! Loved it!

My movie of interest was Chariots of Fire. I watched it a couple of times. It was a great movie to send me off on my travels. "Oh!... to feel God's pleasure!". Then, of course there was "Xmen 3". I didn't get any sleep on this 10 hour plane ride. I also met the woman sitting next to me on the aisle seat. Guess what? I ended up talking with her. Her name was Iris Lee. She is from Seoul, Korea and is stopping off in Japan before continuing to South Korea. She is a free lance english translator in her early 40's, with a 12 year old daughter, who just spent the month in Vancouver working on her english. We hit it off well. I showed her some pictures of Rebecca, mom, and the boys from my camera. She thought Rebecca was very beautiful (which is the photo above!) and that our family has "good noses"! How 'bout that Beck! When we disembarked from the plane, we continued to talk and walk until we had to part ways. What a blessing to meet her. I took her email address down with the intentions of hooking up with her when I reached Seoul. I was late in arriving to Japan because of turbulence, but I was in Japan!!!! I made it without any incidents!!!

2 Comments:

Blogger enitsuj said...

Aw, Trinity and Peter are sooooooo scrumptiously CUTE! Why does that not surprise me that you got so talkative to your seat neigbour? :)

November 20, 2006 at 5:05:00 PM PST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't think there are too many people surprised at me talking to strangers. It happens allllll the time. It's funny you say scrumptiously CUTE! There was a cute little boy in Korea that Chris and I wanted to bite. It was funny because she said it in Korean and I said it after her in English not knowing what she said. Funny how no matter what country you are from... when you see cuteness, you want to bite it!

November 20, 2006 at 9:38:00 PM PST  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home