Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Meeting with Miki!

I had lost a day in my travelling time to Japan. They are 16 hours ahead of Vancouver time. So! I arrived on Wednesday Sept.13th. I was a little stressed and anxious because I was late in arriving and late to catch my bus to meet Miki. It was raining in Japan, but very warm and humid. I finally got on a bus for Tokyo and fell asleep for an hour or so. My destination was Tokorozawa station. I took the 17:00 bus and I was supposed to meet Miki at 19:00. I was about a half hour late in my meeting time with Miki (Panic!). There was this nice Japanese couple on the bus that spoke english. The woman worked for Japan airlines (another plug for them!). The leant me their cell phone so I could call Miki. She was home and would meet me at the station. Woooo Hoooo! The couple again were soooo nice. They stayed with me at the station until Miki arrived and met me! She drove me home and we sat and ate some dinner. I met her mom (who teaches english to junior high school students). Very nice lady. Kind of reminds me of Akemi! They sound similiar. We chatted for a bit, I gave them gifts, took a shower, and tried to sleep. I couldn't sleep. I was too wired and my stomach hurt. I too a gravol and immodium and finally slept. I had been awake for over 24 hours. Should have slept on the plane instead of playing!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home