Friday, November 17, 2006

Day 2 of Kyoto

Sunday Sept.17th... It was good to have Lydia's company Sunday morning. We woke and had some time for worship. We read a psalm, prayed over it, and then did some singing. We walked down the street singing worship songs and had breakfast at McD's. We head back to the hostel to be picked up by Barry and Miwa with their car. We took off to the Golden Temple. (Really made of all gold!).


Then had lunch at an "all you can eat" western style Japanese food place. Lot's of fried stuff. The place has a great view. We walk after lunch towards a Shrine, but on the way we came across a Kobudo!! I was built in 1987. It's a place where many different martial arts clubs come together to demonstrate their skills and do testing. There were Aikido, Karate, Judo, Kendo, Archery, and many others. It was really inspiring and fascinating to watch. I need to get back into Aikido. They had many weapon demonstrations also. It finished at 3pm and so we continued to the large Shrine, which was close by. It was very large. I think Lydia and I were templed out! That was enough.



We then headed to Miwa's tea store and bought tea. We had a chance to test out many different teas and became tea educated. It was very serious business. You sit down at the counter to have a tea consultation. They educate you and bring out different teas for you. Lydia and I decided to invest in some Japanese tea. Because it was Lydia's birthday, Barry and Miwa gave her a Ma-Cha set. Lydia was squealing with pleasure and delight!
It had started raining at this point. We ended up going to a street market that was covered. It was huge with lots and lots of covered streets and tons of people. It was called Teramachi. What was really weird was I bumped into Charissa from Australia again. Amongst this sea of people. I'm sorry I don't have a picture of her. Weird! Lydia keeps calling this stuff "divine appointment"! I'm thinking, she might be right about that.
We headed back to Miwa's work for something and have tea and sweets. Then off to another Izakaya for dinner. Lydia and I are really tired and can't wait to get home. When we get home and settle down for the night. I end up waking again because of the wind storm. It was worse this second night. The sound of the wind is more frequent and my bed is shaking that much more. I'm a little scared. And then....... Bah!!!! It was Lydia this whole time. Typhoon Lydia! Swoosher of Sheets!!!!! Everytime she moved, her sheets would make a "swooshing" sound. And.... because she was on the top bunk, she would make the whole bed sway! Then I started worrying about how strong the bunk bed was made. It didn't seem very strong. I was glad that Lydia was small.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home