Saturday, November 18, 2006

Back to Tokyo

Wednesday Sept. 20th.... Lydia is off to work again. I pretty much did pretty much the same thing this day. I was a little nervous this day because it was going to be the first time taking the train alone and I needed to make a transfer. I think Lydia was nervous for me too. By the time I was ready to leave, my nervousness left me. Lydia got home at 430pm and drove me to the train station. She was making me nervous because she wanted me to remind her to keep to the left on the road. (The Japanese drive on the opposite side of the street, like England).

Lydia waited with me at the station until my train arrived. She wanted to see me actually get on the train. It was neat to have Lydia look after me. It was a different to see her in this role. Very cool!

Anyways, I did it. I made the transfer and met with Miki and Akiko at the Shinjuku station. Miki said I looked more confident and relaxed compared to last week when I first arrived. We went for dinner. At another Izakaya!!! Wooo hoooo! This time it was also a Japanese BBQ! It was great! The plum wine was fantastic! Then we parted with Miki. Akiko and I went to Tokyo station because she lives near there. I stayed at her apartment. It's very nice. It's 2 years old and very modern. Loved the toilet. We stayed up chatting a bit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home