Thursday, November 23, 2006

The Shanghai attitude kicks in!

Friday Sept.2th......We started out shopping early today. This time I was primed, ready, and determined to buy something before I left Shanghai. Monday and Tuesday got me really mad. Especially when a few sales ladies were giving Eway a hard time.

It's weird first thing in the morning when the mall opens. The sales people all stand outside the boundaries of their stores to wait for the morning greeting announcements. It was really spooky walking through with them all watching and staring quietly! Very unnerving!

I thought it was interesting to find a black mannequin (I don't think I spelled that correctly) in a Chinese department store. Now that I'm writing this. I don't think I saw an Asian one! Oh well!

This day was a different shopping experience. I was on fire. I actually enjoyed shopping. I liked this game of bargaining with the sales people. It was kind of a dance. We approach with a price, they act insulted and ticked off at the offer. Then they offer a price, I come up a little in price, flash them a smile, nudge the elbow a bit. I didn't go as far as to wink at the sales people though. I was actually joking around with these people. I was so uptight and offended at the beginning of the week and now I was loving it! Go figure! I started to adjust and then I have to leave the next day. I liked it sooo much that I started hugging people after the transaction was over. There was lots of laughing!

I bought some purses, shoes, and ipod accessories. Lots of fun. No clothes though! I'm a big girl in Asia. However, I felt very successful.

After shopping, we met with Tiana and Gas for dinner. Gas is a DJ they met at a nightclub. Dinner was great and I enjoyed meeting with Gas. I think we hit it off ok! His english was good and I liked teasing him. We went to Hagen Daz for ice cream and headed home. I needed to pack bad!

I packed until super late and had a hard time sleeping because I was really excited knowing I was going to be in Korea the next day!!!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home