Saturday, November 18, 2006

Tokyo Downtown!

Thursday Sept.21st....We woke up late and met with Miki at the Tokyo station. We had a lunch of traditional Japanese noodles and soup. The spoons were so cute! (Great hand modelling Miki!). The restaurant was in this huge building/mall. This building had a really cool bathroom with amazing hand dryers!!! I love gadgets!!! (Akiko is demonstrating!)

We looked for Akiko's shoes in a store within the same place after lunch. Then we walked around the downtown area of Tokyo. We got tired after awhile and decided to have some drinks at a cafe outside. It was a beautiful day! I think what made it extra nice, was that we were enjoying it while people all around us were working.


We just sat and chatted. Miki bought a cool hat that morning that folds up nicely. Those Japanese really know how to make things. I borrowed it to take a nap.

We walked to the emperor's palace and toured around a bit. It was nice to have that space and beauty in the centre of such a busy city. It used to be inhabited by the samurai before the emperor took it over.

Later, we hung out at an Italian department store called Muji. Great bathroom! Then it was sushi for dinner. I had the biggest bowl of miso soup ever.
Miki and I parted ways with Akiko and left for the Kobayashi home. I was able to make it back to Miki's house without her help!!!! This Canadian Chinese girl has some sense of direction! When we got home, I had a nice chat and visit with Mrs.K. Then Miki booked my hotel reservation for Saturday night near the airport. It took a long time, but Miki was determined to book it online because it was cheaper. She was successful and very patient! Far more patient than me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home