Saturday, November 18, 2006

Last day of Tokyo!

Saturday Sept. 23rd....Miki made me breakfast. I packed up my stuff and left for Shinjuku station to meet with Kanako. We hung out having drinks and then parted with Miki. Kanako and I left for Tokyo station and we checked in my luggage at the station. We then went around to Ginza, another main downtown of Tokyo. (Did I mention that there are about 6 main downtowns and then other smaller downtowns in Tokyo?). Wild!!

We went to a traditional Japanese live theatre place. We missed the show that we were planning on attending. So, we went for a snack and hung out outside the theatre. The fast food was neat. The straw was retractable on my juice box. The food was rice wrapped in bean curd. It was very cool!

In Ginza, there were so many people around. They closed off the street and put lawn chairs out to sit. Very neat. I sat in the middle of the street amongst a sea of people. I really enjoyed just "people watching".

We then went into a mall and Kanako showed me that usually in malls the lower floors have much food! It was beautiful!!! Everything was so nicely packaged. Kanako and I both have a love of food! God did a great thing blessing us with taste buds!!

She took me to her work. She's currently working at a bank and going to jewelry making classes in the evenings. She made this ring and necklace.

We went for my last dinner in Japan. Guess where? Izakaya!!

Then she saw me off at the Tokyo station. I took a Shinkansen to the Narita airport to get a shuttle bus to my hotel for the evening.

Divine appointment stuff happened again. I met a girl on the train (her name was Shi Ho). We had a great conversation. She was Japanese and had been to Calgary for a couple of months and loved it there. I found that interesting that Calgary was her favourite out of all the places she has visited. She had been to Mexico and Europe. Yet, Calgary is her city of choice!

Shi Ho was a student of Hula dancing and was on her way to Hawaii for 10 days. She was very kind and when we got off at the airport station she helped me with my luggage. (It was sooooo heavy because I had Eway's textbooks). Shi Ho even helped me to get a cart and get to the level I needed to go to. She helped me until she had to leave for her flight. I was very grateful for her help indeed!

I finally made it to my hotel and crashed! My last night in Japan!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home